Monday, March 1, 2010

I Amsterdam The Beginning

Welcome to the Road Trip Issue!

The one and only thing on the agenda tonight my child zombies is...IS...AMSTERDAM!!!!!

So i'm going to try to give you a second by second recap...ok i'll be honest that's not going to be possible. More like a hazy recollection of stuff that may or may not have happened. It is all kind of hazy since i had a hazy frame of mind through the 36 hours of bliss and happiness.

7:30pm - February 26, 2010 (pronounced 20 10, welcome to the future people)

We depart the shipyard and begin the quest to the Holy Land! We had filled the van during lunch with the necessary supplies. Those being beer, Jager, Redbull, Vodka, and Jameson. Needless to say it was a very interesting ride. Especially when the seal needed to be cracked about an hour outside of our final destination. This made the journey quite uncomfortable for many of us, me being included. About an hour out I couldn't stand it anymore. Neither could the guy next to me. A plan started running between me and him...well, it was mostly him saying, "dude, i'm pissing in a cup over here." Now then, me also having to go and being slightly inebriated (i spelled that right the first time, eat your heart out spell checker!) I decide to go for it too! It turned out alright! I just let a little go and was feeling dapper and cheery again!

10:00pm - February 26, 2010

We arrive! After another 12 hour day of work, we arrive in Amsterdam. At a little hotel on the outskirts of the city. After checking in and doing the normal pre-game preparations we adventured into the city! Luckily there is a Metro train station right outside of the hotel so there was no wasted time!

11:30pm - February 26, 2010

We have arrived in the heart of the beast. There are things going on everywhere, mostly people walking to the clubs and night spots. Whilst walking down the main drag we find a quaint little spot called TEASERS - Babes & Beer. With this we begin the first 3 videos:







I do apologize for the quality and whatever else is messed up with the videos. These were mainly to serve the purpose of...THIS WAS THE FIRST BAR ON THE ROAD!!! Yes, this is actually just a bar.

12:00am - February 27, 2010 (still pronounced 20 10...)

I was feeling a little sleepy at around this time. I remember from the last visit that Amsterdam is known for it's coffee. So me and a buddy wander over to this delightful little place called the Grasshopper. I certainly didn't remember the wide selection of blends that a local coffee-shop has. We decided on a nice blend of hash and tobacco to start off the night. i have to say it wasn't bad. It gave me the jolt i needed to finish standing at the bar.

12:30am - February 27, 2010

We leave Teasers...mainly because it's closing. While most of the guys head back to the hotel me and some other peeps forge onward! Where upon i find a couple of the weirdest things i have seen so far...in my entire life(There are pictures, none of which will be posted on here, they are online though. If you would like to view them please shoot me an email. Paranoia kicking in...)i can't go over the circumstances to much because i don't know them. So here is a list!

1) A Bicycle (not motorcycle) accident...that the cops responded too.
2) A dude throwing up! (not really too weird but always funny to see!)
3) A field sobriety test on a guy that was driving a scooter.

1:00am

We arrive at Club Brazil. Which is exactly like it sounds. A latin club. I lasted for 2 beers and then bounced like a ball out of there. I don't do clubs very well and i wasn't really feeling the vibe.

1:30am

Completely lost!! Thankfully at The Grasshopper they don't sell pre-rolled...

Hang on a second...when i say coffee i mean weed, hash, and marijuana. Just making sure we're all on the same page here.

joints as a single. they sell them in packs of 5!!! These were monsters too! The length of my middle finger and about 1/2 inch thick at the end. So while completely lost i'm puffing away in a complete and utter cloud of "holy shit i can't believe i'm in Amsterdam."

3:00am

Finish the last joint...start looking for another coffee shop to kill some more time. I'm determined to make it all night! Upon my search i discover something startling! I discover that most of the places close at 3am...well that may or may not be true. I remember looking into a couple of places but they were locked. After getting discouraged about the first couple of places i lose interest and get a cab.

4:00am

Arrive at the hostel that was arranged before the trip. I had to pay for this room but, it was worth it. Instead of being 20 minutes out by TRAIN! I was 5 minutes out walking.

Upon arrival i realize something! This is a Christian Youth Hostel! I ring the buzzer and get admitted into a foreign territory. I have never had the pleasure of staying at a Christian hostel. For some reason though i had this weird sense of dread when i walked in there. Like a great weight descending on my shoulders. Then i i realized the ceiling was falling on me...and that made me realize i had to make the check-in process as fast as possible. I was already getting weird looks from the guy behind the counter.

4:15am

Survived my first exorcism. That's the only way you can stay at a Christian hostel. They know if your not a devout follower...they can smell it! Let me just say this though...i didn't even remember eating pea soup.

Pass out...on the easiest bed i can find.

10:00am

Get woken up by another Christian. This one seemed kind of angry, mainly because i had slept in his bed. He said not to worry about it but, i could sense the hate!

Get up, return my key, and begin wandering around the city phase 2! First stop is Cafe 420, where i get my first vaporizer experience. It was freaking amazing.

I'll pick this up tomorrow, I'm tired. Don't forget to send the email if you want a chance to see the album! There are 96 photos or something like that.

Later Doodz

No comments: